- This event has passed.
Pistol Fundamentals and Motor Skills Development Course
This course is designed to develop confident pistol management skills while successfully placing accurate shots on target. Students will go through 8-hours of progressive stages of safe pistol fundamental application and grouping, recoil management drills, speed reloads, and efficient motor skill techniques. This program is to educate by understanding and apply correct pistol fundamentals, accountability of shot placement, and skills to develop a baseline of pistol shooter capabilities.
NOTE: This class is a physical performance class that requires mental alertness during physical stress. Prior carbine shooting experience is required and enrolled students be required to show proof of training prior to the approval of attendance. Students who show unsafe carbine handling skills or cannot place accurate shots may not be allowed to participate in certain drills.
- Safe pistol loading/unloading procedures and control management
- Pistol fundamental application with efficient methods of sight tracking, grip management for control during engagement, proper trigger squeeze management, and precision shooting drills requiring accountability of correct shot placement.
- Known distance engagement, sight tracking, and cadence fire with precision shot requirements
- Safe efficient holstered pistol draw to presentation and accurate shot placement
- Direct instructor oversight and positive feedback to improve shot placement and confident pistol management
- Multi-target engagement, sight tracking, and trigger press manipulation and control drills
- Pistol safe malfunction clearing procedures
- Speed reloads motor skill and economy of motion development
- Moving and shooting (based on class progression)
- Barricade occupation, pistol manipulation clearance procedures, and multi-target shot placement
- Working semi-automatic pistol (no revolvers. rds authorized. must be zeroed prior to arrival)
- 3 – 5 pistol magazines (recommend bringing more if 10 round or less capacity)
- Functioning holster: OWB, IWB, Kydex, tac / gun belt, drop-leg
- Minimal two pistol magazine carrier
- Ear and eye protection (recommend noise-canceling headsets. Bring clear lenses for cloudy / weather days)
- Range training clothing. Check the weather and bring proper gear
- Gloves and Knee Pads (optional)
- Weapon cleaning kit/lubricant
- Folding chair (optional)
- Water, snacks, and/or bag lunch
- 400 pistol rounds